Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't turn on my bluetooth (sony vaio) :(

• Please log in to reply

angeline

angeline

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop VPCCW17FX, which should have bluetooth adapter embedded. However, I can't find any way of turning it on. I've looked in Network Connections, been to the Sony support page and downloaded the driver. I've also tried googling, but the solutions are for other models of laptops and refer to folders/procedures that are not on this laptop. Can anyone help with this please!

Advertisements

SandV4

SandV4

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Go into Device Manager and make sure that your laptop does in fact have this. If it does, it will show there. Try updating the driver when you find the device. If this doesn't work, uninstall the hardware then search for new hardware after the uninstall is complete. This will re-install the hardware and hopefully fix the problem. Keep us posted.

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*
Hi,

have you checked if there may be a button on your laptop itself to turn on bluetooth ? That's always possible.

If not, try the following:
Start > type: "LANUTIL.EXE" (without quotes) > the LANutil should start (or in your icon tray, right down below) > activate Bluetooth (should be a green square when activated)

good luck :)

angeline

angeline

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you so much for the replies.

Go into Device Manager and make sure that your laptop does in fact have this. If it does, it will show there. Try updating the driver when you find the device. If this doesn't work, uninstall the hardware then search for new hardware after the uninstall is complete. This will re-install the hardware and hopefully fix the problem. Keep us posted.

I looked for the word "bluetooth" but didn't see it on the list... is there maybe another name I should be looking for? And say I don't have it... how would I go about getting it? Would I have to download/buy it?

I tried the lanutil.exe but there doesn't seem to be one on this laptop.. and there is no button for bluetooth either, just for wireless (wifi?)..

Jim Morrell

Jim Morrell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Open the SmartWi Connection Utility and you will find a slider to turn on the Bluetooth.

angeline

angeline

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Perfect! Thank you!