Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new router

• Please log in to reply

bluee

bluee

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
hello. my dad works out of the house and his computer is connected to a cable/dsl modem and we used to have our house computer plugged into that, but after a while the internet stopped working on both computers until we unplugged the house computer. So me and my dad bought a linksys cable/dsl router BEFCMU10. so we plugged the house computer and my dads computer into the new router and put the cd in the house computer after doing everything it didnt work. so my dad tried it on his computer and said something like he couldnt get admin rights... do you guys now what to do?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
what u should do is remove all the connections to the router, go into your network places and remove any connections to the internet from that router, reboot your computer, this time when u reboot have the router plugged into teh computer, then when you boot up your computer, the XP network wizard will automatically detect the new router and will install it by itself with your help selecting personal options, i really dont use the disks personally because its much easier to go through XP <_<

gpsugy

gpsugy

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=76209

Nov 1 2005

i have the Win32.P2P-Worm Alcan.a. PLEASE HELP!

Taken ~Joshuacat

Edited by joshuacat, 28 November 2005 - 08:58 PM.