Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking 2 computers Win98 v2 - to 3rd puter with Win XP (Home)

• Please log in to reply

geekace

geekace

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have an "old" (2000) Compaq, Win 98 V2 Operating system, an HP Brio, Win 98 V2 Operating System, none of which I have used for a long time - and a Sony Vaio (my primary computer), with Win XP(Home) OS.

How do I network all three together? I have lots of files and jpegs on the two older puters that I want to share without having to download all to my Vaio.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
The easiest way is to put them all in the same workgroup, however you decide to name it, then just share the folders you want to access. Workgroup settings can be found in the control panel, in the system section. Folder sharing can be accessed by right clicking on the folder you wish to share and selecting sharing.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 30 November 2009 - 01:17 PM.

geekace

geekace

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Many thanks.