Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Netscape 7.1 won's save web pages

• Please log in to reply

Coggins7

Coggins7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just last night, for no apparant reason, I suddenly found that my Netscape 7.1 browser would no longer save web pages. What it does do is save a link in the Windows Recent folder. When I click on that link, Windoes reports that the target has been deleted or moved. The actural files I saved from the webpage are gone...totally gone.

I didn't change anything myself. The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded some desktop themes and tried them out, and when I found I couldn't save pages anymore, I uninstalled them, but the problem didn't end. I cleaned out my registry, got rid of any and all hihackers, spyware etc. in my system, and still nothing.

Something must have changed in the registry, or could it be something else? I changed the folders Netscape uses to save documents from the Web several times and they still all end up as links in the Recent folder, while the actual files themselves have dissapeared. And why Netscape (I use three different browsers at present)? Because Netscape is my default?

Help!

Loran

Advertisements