Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wont boot past the privacy center on Windows xp

• Please log in to reply

asb447

asb447

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
My sisters computer wont boot past the microsoft privacy center window. When i boot up on Windows xp the privacy center box appears and it says there are 173 dangerous file and privacy violations found. All of the boxes are flashing.
Cookie guarder-privacy violations. Secure channel-disabled. Registry doctor-system crash. update manager-unavailable. System monitor-system slowdown. It says at the bottom there are a load of viruses found but it wont let me close the box, no icons appear and no start button. I have to force shutdown to shutdown. I cannot get access to the internet or to the antivirus software. It wont let me update the privacy software as it says the license is out of date and wont let me get to the internet to update. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Advertisements