Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting blue screen of death on Safe Mode?

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you are not getting a line that says push any key to boot to cdrom or the Welcome Screen then it is not booting to the hd and not the cdrom.

Advertisements

Carbunkel

Carbunkel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

If you are not getting a line that says push any key to boot to cdrom or the Welcome Screen then it is not booting to the hd and not the cdrom.

Yeah, I figured, but what am I supposed to do about it?
I don't think I've ever had any of those screens before.
My boot priority was Removeable then CDROM then Hard disk, or something like that.

Okay, I think I got past this but now it is saying "Disk Boot failure" and to put in another disk and hit enter...

Does this mean the .iso thing didn't work? Should I do it again?

Edited by Carbunkel, 30 November 2009 - 04:26 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say do another and make sure you are making a iso or image disk. You can't just burn the iso to a disk as data

Carbunkel

Carbunkel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I would say do another and make sure you are making a iso or image disk. You can't just burn the iso to a disk as data

Yeah, I've burned isos to this kind of disk before, and it worked perfectly fine...though I was using Daemon Tools if that makes a difference.
You did mention earlier that somtimes it doesn't work, is this one of those scenarios? Will it work if it gets burned to the disk properlly?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It should work but I can't guarantee that. I am working on one here at home that is having the same issue. It will read cd ISO's but not ones put on DVD's

Carbunkel

Carbunkel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've been trying for the past couple days. I even got my friend to send me a disk and it didn't work. Now what?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well this isn't going to work since you can't get it to boot to the cdrom.
Have you change dthe boot sequence to make the cdrom the first boot device?
Do you have a Genuine Xp disk or can you borrow one of the same type that is loaded on your system? Home or Pro
We need to do a repair or parallel installation to try and fix this. the other option is to backup everythig and then do a format and fresh install.

Carbunkel

Carbunkel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Well this isn't going to work since you can't get it to boot to the cdrom.
Have you change dthe boot sequence to make the cdrom the first boot device?
Do you have a Genuine Xp disk or can you borrow one of the same type that is loaded on your system? Home or Pro
We need to do a repair or parallel installation to try and fix this. the other option is to backup everythig and then do a format and fresh install.

Yes, I did change it so that it would boot the cdrom first. I did borrow one that is the same type and it still didn't go anything. How do I back everything up if I can't access it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The only way to backup then is to remove the HD and slave it in a good system. Backup data there or on to a external device or cd's. The next problem is how to load the system when system won't boot to the cdrom.
Without doing that, it is next to impossible to load the system.
It is possible that the cdrom drive is dead and that is why the Recovery Console cd and the XP cd would not boot.