Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problem in XP

• Please log in to reply

twinoaks

twinoaks

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I'm using XP pro.
When I try to open "My Computer" in normal mode, I'm getting a blank window with the searching flashlight. Sometimes it will open and show the drives, but when it does, it's usually better than 15 minutes later. Other times, it just searches and never displays the drive locations.

Running in safe mode the program operates normally.

I've recently removed some bugs (redirects and a rootkit) from this machine, but this issue remains. It is making simple things like back ups, and writing to a CD/DVD a little more troublesome than they should be.
Suggestions/instructions please?

Edited by twinoaks, 29 November 2009 - 03:16 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You had a open Virus topic located HERE I suggest you continue with that topic as it looks like it was never finished. You may have hidden infections still. PM the Tech who was helping you to continue the topic. When you finished and if the problem still is happening then return here and we can proceed with other options.