Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard

• Please log in to reply

mike4

mike4

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I need a good motherboard that will support my following specs. I did have a previous post about graphics cards, but i read the reviews on Newegg that a lot of people have been having problems with my motherboard. Also, it seems to be more than it should be. MY motherboard is the ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard. I would prefer it to have 16gb of ram max, have about the same specs, the motherboard to be compatible with phenom II x2 x3 and x4, if this is not possible just x3 and x4, and hopefully be a little cheaper(its okay if its not) :]. Tanks.
Posted Image

Edited by mikewang, 29 November 2009 - 09:42 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I presume you've factored in a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7 if you want 16Gb of memory in it.
May I ask please why you want that amount of memory in the computer?

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i want that amount of memory because in the future 8gb or more may be required for games and i am planning to upgrade my computer, not buy another one. :]

i found a few motherboards and can you tell me which is the best or if you have a better one or if mine is the best.
ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Thanks

Edited by mikewang, 30 November 2009 - 03:06 PM.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
This one is better Biostar it has better chipset compare to those 3 ASUS you mention it.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Wow this does look good. But when it says it takes Phenom II does that mean all Phenom II? Tanks

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Yes it's a AM3 board just like your cpu and it supports your cpu too all Phenom II!

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Thanks, does this board cover sound, network, and bluetooth? I'm pretty sure it covers the first two not sure about bluetooth. sanks DANG IT. My power supply ran out on newegg, could you find me a decent one that is compatible with my stuff thanks. And if it does come back ill take it unless the other one is cheaper. THANKS SO MUCH, YOU'VE HELPED SO MUCH

Edited by mikewang, 01 December 2009 - 04:11 PM.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
It has sound and network (LAN), bluetooth no.It has integrated video card as well.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
kk can you tell me how many watts i need and how to tell if the power supply is compatible and help me find a powersupply? Thanks

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
That power supply that you pick Corsair vx450 will be more than enough.At full load your comp might use around 350W-380W the most and with Corsair it will do great not to mention that Corsair vx450 is able to work on 100W more (550W) with no problem.Or You can go with this Antec same PSU as vx450 only difference it that vx450 has little better electric capacitors that's all.Overall which ever of this two you choose you can't go wrong.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
ok thanks. Also, will this power supply work? http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817139008
I only want it because its cheaper, and which one is better? Thanks

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Yes this 400W Corsair will work fine.Better? vx450 is my recommendation but this one is good too.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
ok thanks, ill get the other one if i can, but its out of stock..... And the prices of the shipping increase x3 :{