Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Hey Geeks. The issue is pretty simple to explain, but I can't figure out how to fix it, and apologies if this is in the wrong place!

Every time my computer restarts/shuts down, it 'uninstalls' the drivers that run the rear USB ports. Under Devices, my computer has "issues that can be resolved" and the resolving is just one by one installing drivers for:

Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A
Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C
Intel® Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34
Intel® Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35
Intel® Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36
Intel® Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37
Intel® Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38
Intel® Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39

As far as I can tell these are each of the rear-port slots on the mobo, but the mobo drivers themselves didn't remedy the problem (unless I'm installing the wrong one) and although it's not a hard fix to go one by one each time I restart/shut down but it is an annoyance.

Any ideas geeks?!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
have you tried reinstalling the chipset drivers...
have you tried getting all the updates including any hardware updates for your computer...
have you checked with ASUS support for anything on the subject ...
maybe a new UPDATED BIOS can correct this...

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I've tried reinstalling the chipset drivers and unless I'm installing the incorrect one that didn't fix it. All of my hardware is up to date (video card, audio card, wireless card, etc.). I downloaded a BIOS update and will try that and report back. Thanks for the response happyrock!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try going to microsoft updates...use the custom scan...
when its done look on the left side of the window for any hardware updates it says you need ...get those PLUS any important updates it says you need...
also get a screenshot of the updates window and post it in your reply...
if your not sure how to get a screenshot ...go here...

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Just as an update, I did not forget about this topic. I didn't have internet the last week while at school and now I'm home, which means I have internet just need to get settled.

I tried an updated BIOS last night and it seems like some problems have worsened, but that may just be my perception of things. Windows Updates has nothing for me except one optional update for the LAN driver on the mobo (which is unused as I use wireless at home and school). As soon as I get certain folders backed-up onto my external I plan on reformatting anyway.

The issue is on the AsusTek support site (where the drivers are located) the list is incredibly long and the files are very complex in their naming so I have enlisted the help of another techie I know to help figure out which I need and which I don't while I spend the rest of today hunting for the driver CD.

tmhedblom

tmhedblom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hate to bring up a long dead topic, but I've had this exact problem since I built my rig back in 2009. I didn't really know how to explain it and have periodically attempted to fix it over the last year and a half with no luck. I have the same motherboard as the one in question (ASUS P6T Deluxe V2). It happens just as BlackPandemic says; I restart or shutdown and my all the usb ports stop registering, except for one (which I think is the one my mouse is on). I think it's some sort of power-related issue, because when I put the computer to sleep it doesn't happen.

The only way I can temporarily fix it is to go into the device manager, uninstall all instances of "Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller", and then restart the computer a second time. Once it loads up again, all the usb ports reinstall themselves and things work great until the next time I have to shutdown. If anyone can give me further insight, I would greatly appreciate it.