Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft office 2007 trial

• Please log in to reply

Gloalfaro

Gloalfaro

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I need to do my homework on excel and word. But the trial version of microsoft office 2007 expired! Can i get another trial? if so how? if not what the heck do i do? my semester is over in a couple days! im freaking out! HELP!!!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.
You could pay for office home and student or,
Dowload OpenofficeOrg, FREE, which has word and excel compatable applications.
COPY your folders containing your work over to open office, and see if you can work on them.

Gloalfaro

Gloalfaro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I dont want to buy it because im planning on gettin a new computer in a few months. A mac cause im sick of PC's! I did download open office but it is so different! Im sitting here trying to follow my excel 2007 book and trying to figure out how to do it in open office! I'm probably gonna end up going to the school computer lab and sit ther for two days doing all my HW! ugh!

ItsJJStyles

ItsJJStyles

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello Gloalfaro!

If you don't like the free and open source OpenOffice, Microsoft Office 2010 is available as a free download during their Beta period.

Please remember, that this beta will expire when the beta period ends.

Thank you,
JJ Styles.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I dont want to buy it because im planning on gettin a new computer in a few months. A mac cause im sick of PC's! I did download open office but it is so different! Im sitting here trying to follow my excel 2007 book and trying to figure out how to do it in open office! I'm probably gonna end up going to the school computer lab and sit ther for two days doing all my HW! ugh!

Please be advised that hardly any systems these days come with Office that isn't a trial. So you'll either have to use OpenOffice or purchase Office at some point, you can't realistically replace the system every two months just for a trial program.

Gloalfaro

Gloalfaro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
problem solved! thanks for the help!

ItsJJStyles

ItsJJStyles

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm glad we could help you Gloalfaro.
Can you please tell us what you did as to assist users further if they ever need assistance?

Thank you,
ItsJJStyles.

Gloalfaro

Gloalfaro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I actually downloaded the ms office professional trial. It was an emergency and that worked so by the time this trial ends i will be ready for my new laptop and by that time purchase ms office for Mac.