Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP won't let me do ---- after installing Parental Controls!

• Please log in to reply

whoda

whoda

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Edit- Somewhat shortened version...

Hey guys! Basically, I can't do anything that I want to do on my computer- playing games, running a cleaning program, surfing the web, etc. Because a few hours ago, I installed CA Security Suite 2008's Parental Control to keep my friend of those nice sites with the naked women so that he doesn't slow my comp down again. However, after I did so, My computer slowed down on startup and login, and now, I can't even open some programs such as System Mechanic 6 to restore to a previous back up or CA Sec. itself. There are some programs that aren't able to be opened up as well such as Firefox, Ventrilo, and a game won't load up after I log in. I also can't view my computers properties to see what hardware I have on it. I tried uninstalling the Parental Controls, but I got error E9039 for some reason. I tried to look up solutions, but all I got were things to that had to do with going through the registry, which I don't want to mess with. I also tried safe mode, and windows own defrag. Defrag pops open, but doesn't start for some odd reason. If there's any other information that I need to fork over, please let me know. And if you can help in any way, I think I would kiss your feet if I could see you face to face. lol xD

Edited by whoda, 30 November 2009 - 11:12 PM.

Advertisements