Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BT Voyager 205 Router

• Please log in to reply

the_Jackal

the_Jackal

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Okay so here's my problem, apologies if this goes on a while...

I have the Voyager 205 router (192.168.1.1 - Default) connected to my Mac via NIC (192.168.1.3), however i also use my work laptop to connect to the system at the office, for this i use USB so I have an IP of 192.168.1.2

The problem is that at the office we use two internal IP scopes 192.168.0.X and 192.168.1.X luckily for me the authenticating server is on the .0.X range so i can VPN to the system easily enough however as you can imagine whenever i want to talk to anything on the .1.X range i'm for the lack of a better word buggered.

Now on the router I have created a new IP scope in the DHCP server of 192.168.50.3 through to 34 so now i want to change the static IP of the router to 192.168.50.1 for the LAN/NIC and 192.168.50.2 for USB, changing it for the LAN/NIC doesnt seem to be a problem though i haven't confirmed that change as it will not allow me to change the static ip for the USB, when you initially go into IP Address Configuration you can only change the LAN IP, if you click on on apply it takes you to another page where you confirm the IP change however it will not (a) let you make any changes as the boxes for the LAN are now greyed out and (b) will not let you change the static ip for usb as again that is greyed out.

Has anyone had a similar problem or changed the default static IP's of the router for whatever reason successfully?
Needless to say I have tried calling the ISP about this a coupe of times however i find that after being on hold for 30 or so minutes tends to get on your nerves ;) Will they ever employ more staff to man the phones? ;)

Any help would be much appreciated so thanks in advance! :tazz:

Advertisements

orpheus-solutions

orpheus-solutions

• Pip
  • 1 posts
By default, the USB connection on the Voyager 205 will automatically be allocted the IP address immeiately after the IP address specified for the ethernet connection; in your case this will be 192.168.50.2 as you desire.
If you want more control over this you will need to download the comitedcfg.cfg file to your PC, edit it and then upload it again to the router but from the description of your problem this should not be necessary. :tazz: