Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac OS X Leopard (MC223) on a DELL 1545

• Please log in to reply

foxboro

foxboro

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am thinking today of going to buy Mac OS X Leopard (MC223) to install on my Dell 1545.
Is this possible?

I thought maybe If i have paid for the lisence there should be no problem.

I am no expert in Mac, never even used a proper Mac, but want to be able to use GarageBand to record my music which is the main reason for wanting OS X.

Would this work if i purchased an official disk and maybe installed the drivers from the Dell 1545 disc that came with my Laptop?

----

My Computers Spec

- Processor : Intel ® Celeron CPU 900@ 2.20Ghz 2.19Ghz
- RAM : 3GB
- System Type : 32 Bit
-

Edited by foxboro, 01 December 2009 - 05:59 AM.

Advertisements

Jayman01

Jayman01

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Actually, I've heard many times about people installing Mac software on their PCs. So I know it CAN be done. According to Mac Leopard Specifications on their site, it looks as if your computer CAN take it. But I decided to phone them and ask if they did sell the OS for a PC, and the answer is no. They can install Windows on a Mac but they don't do the opposite. So the only way to do it is to hack the OS. And they didn't tell me if we were allowed to do it. you can call them and ask: 1-800-MY-APPLE
Refer to post:
http://www.geekstogo...-PC-t78736.html
Please verify if your question has not already been answered in another post by someone else before making a new one.

Edited by Jayman01, 01 December 2009 - 11:52 AM.