Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hooking tower to TV

• Please log in to reply

compflop

compflop

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a tower that isn't able to "see" any of the monitors that I own, so I thought I would try to get it on the TV that I own. Does anyone know if I hook it from the tower with the black cable on the video card then to the (green, red, blue) adapter cables...into my DVD (only location with the GRB) will it show on the TV???

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not if there's a hardware fault with the computer, no. Since it won't power any of your monitors then I'd argue you can hook it up to any number of TVs you like and it still won't show you anything. The odds that all your monitors have faults is so high you're more likely to win the Lottery twice over.

compflop

compflop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well [bleep], maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow :)