Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Format Hard Drive Need a Quick Fix

• Please log in to reply

eilene

eilene

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi

Everytime I format my hard drive I forget to do "something" this time I didn't forget anything however, the size of the fonts are very small as you can see from my attached screen prints. I had to make the zoom level on IE and Mozilla 150% in order to be able to see the pages, and I also have the same problem on Yahoo Messenger.

In all my years of computer use I have not run into this problem previously, all of my drivers are installed correctly, no big Yellow question marks showing in Device Manager.

This problem has me really stumped.

Thanks for anything kind of fix you can think of.

Eilene

Attached Files

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Eilene.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

First can you please shrink the picture and the quote at the bottom of your post? This is to large and some of our dial up members will not be able to help having to wait for these to load. The TOU states.

The posting of images is allowed on the support forums. Please respect dial-up users. Avatars should not be more than 16kB, and signatures not more than 35kB, in total. Large images in the forums will be automatically resized, but please keep them less than 800x600 pixels.

Second have you checked what resolution your monitor is set at?
Right click on the Desktop then click on Properties
In the new window click on Settings
What is the resolution set at?

eilene

eilene

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry about my huge signature. I have a 22" monitor and I have attached the screen shots because pictures make more sense than me explaining things. :)

Thanks again

Eilene

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok you see the little slider bar under the Screen Resolution?
Move that to the left so that the resolutions read 1280 by 1024
Apply and your screen should blink and when it does the icons should be larger. If that isnt large enough move the slider a little more to the left and repeat the steps. When you reach what you like then Apply and then click OK
Let me know if this is what you need to fix the problem.

eilene

eilene

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you so much I knew it had something to do with display properties but I just couldn't figure it out.

My next post will be about Windows Service Pack 3.

Have a great night and thanks again

Eilene :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did that fix the problem?
If you have another issue feel free to post it here and we will try to take care of it in one topic.