Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AntiVirus System Pro (another victim)

• Please log in to reply

DihydrogenMonoxide

DihydrogenMonoxide

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Dear wonderful staff at GeeksToGo

It has been some time since I visited here, and this time it is not actually my issue.

My friend is currently experiencing issues with his computer, and is unable to use Firefox, as this virus is stopping any executables from working as far as I can see, and I am having to contact him via telephone to resolve this issue, so I will be doing this on his behalf. I have given him instruction to run HJT and produce a log, however he cannot even run HiJackThis, or any executable.

Is there any advice which you can offer?

I am currently trying to get his system stats, however this is also a struggle.

Any help at all on this matter would be wonderful, could it be more than just the antivirus system pro? because this seems a little more harsh than other people's issues with this virus.

Thank you, as always,
Alex

edit: if it is of any help, I do know he is using windows XP

edit 2: He somehow managed to end a few processes pertaining to the virus, and is now able to run .exe files, so here is his hijackthis log.
Attached File  hijackthis.txt   13.19KB   105 downloads

Edited by DihydrogenMonoxide, 01 December 2009 - 07:20 PM.

Advertisements