Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Computer?

• Please log in to reply

DKong27

DKong27

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I currently have a Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3, 2.19 GHz processor, 448 MB of RAM, and around 85 GB of Hard Drive Memory. It is overall slow and I get a lot of unresponsiveness and low virtual memory messages. Playing certain games is near impossible at times, and I could not even download a trial for WoW because I did not have the minimum RAM requirements. I have been looking at computers and I have my eye on a new eMachine with Windows 7 and over 6 GB of RAM. I know a good bit about computers, but more knowledge wouldn't hurt.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I wouldn't buy eMachine computer.

DKong27

DKong27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've heard that from other people too, but other sources say otherwise...

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
...and the sources are?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts

I currently have a Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3, 2.19 GHz processor, 448 MB of RAM, and around 85 GB of Hard Drive Memory. It is overall slow and I get a lot of unresponsiveness and low virtual memory messages. Playing certain games is near impossible at times, and I could not even download a trial for WoW because I did not have the minimum RAM requirements. I have been looking at computers and I have my eye on a new eMachine with Windows 7 and over 6 GB of RAM. I know a good bit about computers, but more knowledge wouldn't hurt.

Please don't buy the eMachine.
Just because it has six gigabytes of memory doesn't mean it's going to play games.
Also, from past experience with eMachines systems, it'll be totally dead in three years time.