Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seriously!?!? What the...! UGH - MY RANT - Please help

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
With the help of a friend here I ordered an upgrade for my PC. I ordered a Dual Core 2.7 from the 1.8. Well, first the heat sync is smaller then what is on the 1.7, and I can not use the cpu duct that attaches to the fan and to the door. THEN the new heat sync fan set up does not work with the motherboard, I have to apparently remove these pegs in the holes so this new one can lock into place. Which means I have to the entire motherboard out. Seriously!?!?

Can I just use the original heat sync and fan and the air duct vent? That heatsync and fan is much larger then the one that came with the 2.7. I can't see it really causing a problem. Is that ok?

Advertisements

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
After taking the other panel off (behind the the mobo) there is an X plate that can be removed but I really don't want to take everything out, so I am hoping I can just use the original fan and heatsync.

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
I put the original heatsync and fan back on there. The original is 3x larger then this new one so Im hoping im ok to do it

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Alright, I got it up and running and it did its thing for the new video card. I went to the device manager and i have an (!) on Other Devices. It is : Coprocessor - Driver is not installed. Where can I get this driver? I tried searching for it automatically but it does not find anything..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It seems you may need to reinstall the motherboard chipset driver.
If you have the drivers disk that came with your motherboard it should be on there.
Another option is to right click on it and then click on update driver. Does this work?

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

It seems you may need to reinstall the motherboard chipset driver.
If you have the drivers disk that came with your motherboard it should be on there.
Another option is to right click on it and then click on update driver. Does this work?

Hi rsha - thank you for responding. This is what shows as my chipset :

# Chipset type NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i

When I tried to use nvidia to download the drivers, it gave me display drivers and would not allow me to continue.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
While performing major hardware upgrades on an XP system, it's best to perform a repair installation. However, it's not usually required for a CPU upgrade. Try this driver.

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Not XP, Windows 7 x32. I have not updated my profile, I will do that now.

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ugh. I'm so stupid. I did not download the nForce driver. I did the actual video one. I am really sorry. I am downloading the right one.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let us know how it works

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
AH It worked! That removed the coprocessor problem!! WOOHOO! Im all excited now.

Sorry for my rude rant. I'm one of those very impatient people who hate when things do not go right the first time.
Thank you guys for the assistance.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and I'm glad your issue has now been resolved. Let us know hwo everything works out for you and if you have any other problems please feel free to ask.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.