Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with windows xp

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I'm confused because in post 17 I asked if the checkdisk was still happening and in post 18 you state no you had not seen it.
Put the disk in the cdrom and in windows open My Computer and click on the cdrom drive
Now right click on one of the files.
Click on Copy and then go to your desktop where there are no icons and right click again. Now click on Paste.
Now repeat for the other file.
When done then follow the instructions for each program as if you had downloaded them.

Advertisements

blossom777

blossom777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
when I put the disk in, it doesn't do anything at all. Just thought i'd note that.

blossom777

blossom777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Sorry to be confusing to you. Ok, let me try to explain what is going on with it and we can start again. But first, I have tried the steps on the first page of this topic several times. My computer will say Volume C: diry, then when I got thru all the steps and eventually put y for yes, then when I reboot at that time it goes to windows, it won't start running a scan that takes a long time, as is mentioned in the first post of instructions. I hope this makes sense. I may be hopeless...I don't want to take up too much of your time, but if you don't mind, I really appreciate your help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I hope this makes sense. I may be hopeless...I don't want to take up too much of your time, but if you don't mind, I really appreciate your help!

Nah this will not happen and I am here till you are satisfied.
I know this is starting to become repetitive but did you run the Dirty Bit steps in post # 12 ?
Do the first steps to see if it reports back as the drive is dirty and then if it is continue on tot he next steps. In fact do them all and that way we will know the drive is clean. :) :)