OS Windows XP Home
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3500 (2.2 Ghz) socket 939
RAM 2 x 1Gb 184pin
I think I need to upgrade both my CPU & RAM for less lag time & for successful rendering while attempting to burn a DVD with menus, etc.
But, as I'm looking around, it looks like my 939 socket is obsolete.
Can I get by just adding another 2 x 1Gb 184pin memory set?
(MB still has 4 slots, 2 are still open)
Or do I really need to upgrade my CPU too? If I need to upgrade my CPU, then that means a new MB too.
Is replacing a MB, CPU, and RAM as simple as...
1. turn power off & discharge bodily electricity
2. open case, remove stuff I'm keeping from old MB (vid card, HDD, etc)& remove old MB
3. mount new CPU & RAM onto new MB & mount new MB onto case
4. reattach stuff I'm keeping to new MB
5. turn power on & watch the magic happen? (or do I need to do anything in DOS?)
Thanks for helping!