Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 chkdsk runs on almost every boot, never finds anything

• Please log in to reply

octopusonmyback

octopusonmyback

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a new Gateway EC18 Series, Inte Core 2 Solo 3500 (1.4 ghrz) 3mb ram, Windows 7 Ultimate. Everytime I use the computer for a while, on the next but the chkdsk runs checking drive c: for consistency and it never finds anything. When I try to use the Windows 7 backup, it says Drive C: ir corrupted so I have to rin the chkdsk again before doing a backup, but the disk becomes corrupted again before by the next boot. Like I said, chkdsk never finds anything. This was also happening with my last laptop on Windows 7. I wonder if I have some kind of virus, that accidentaly moved the new laptop when I imported my files (thogh I have run Avira on the file numerous times and never found anything wrong).

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Documents\ because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Music\ because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Pictures\ because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Documents\Adobe\ because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Music because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Music because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Fernando\Pictures because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Pictures because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First thing is to check the drive for a Dirty Bit
Then reset it which should stop the check disk from running everytime you boot.
Do you knwo how to get to the Run command in Win 7?