Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Display Driver Stopped Responding" Huh? (W7)

• Please log in to reply

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I just bought a new computer with W7 on it.
I have it set to shut off the monitor after 15 minutes and go to sleep after 2 hours.

When the monitor is off and I hit a key, the monitor comes back on for about a second, goes off for about 2 seconds and then comes back on with the following alert:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver intel graphics acelerator drivers for windows Vista stopped responding and successfully recovered

I have updated the drivers I thought might be involved and even bought a new monitor (well Officemax had a 22" for $120...) but it still gives this message. Okay, it is not a big deal, but it is annoying.

Oddly, it doesn't do it when waking up.

Any suggestion for how I fix it?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If desktop, don't use any power saving features.