Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First time building a pc a little help please

• Please log in to reply

Buggers

Buggers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm attempting to build a decent computer for under 500$. Could anyone tell me if there would be compatibility issues or if there are better parts for around the same price? Here's what I have.

Motherboard

Processor

Ram

Power Supply

Hard Drive

Video Card

DVD Drive

Case

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hey and welcome mate, sorry for the delay.

It looks like a rather good build for the price. Personally I would get a better PSU, like this one: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817371006

Other than that just make sure you have an OS to install on it (eg. Windows).

Cheers

Buggers

Buggers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your input. good to know it seems decent and compatible.

Thanks again and cheers to you too.

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Have you checked at Tiger Direct for the same parts I like the way their site is set up. I can say the order ships fast and a few of the things I have price compared it seems to be cheaper than NewEgg I am not going to say Tiger Direct will always be cheaper than NewEgg but it only takes a moment to compare the parts if you want to save some cash. And Tiger Direct has a deal now where if you buy $100 or more and it weighs less than 35 lbs then shipping is free.

I hope this helps someone out.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes it's always a good idea to shop around and get the best prices once you have chosen your parts.