Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB memoRive storage pen

• Please log in to reply

mybigbearbum

mybigbearbum

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello

I have a MemoRive USB flash pen that has work perfectly well for about a year. But when trying to open the device the computer recognises that there is a mass storage device but has not allocated a drive therefore not able to access any files saved.
Other flash pens work perfectly fine in the USB hub.
Tried said flash pen in other computer also using windows XP and lap top running same systerm. The device manager indicates that drives are working properly.
No additional USB hub is in use.
If anyone can help please reply. :tazz: Thank you!

Advertisements

RavenHeart

RavenHeart

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I don't know if this is of any help, but i have had similar problems that the xp doesn't recoqnize the usb memory stick drive before i logout and log back in...

You could try this doesn't exactly solve the problem but atleast you could access the files.