Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Controller Drivers Not Working?

• Please log in to reply

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Thanks SO much...I am going to do all the above and will let you know how it goes. I totally understand how things can get overlooked :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm just seeing some things that can be caused by a infection and that would answer for the issue we keep bouncing against.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Hey there...I did what you said to Autoruns and ran TFC and Auslogics Defrag...

Then I started the malware removal steps...and somehow my Avast! antivirus got messed up, but I was able to fix it by going to control panel>add/remove programs>avast>change/remove and then selected repair.

Then I ran ERUNT and it went fine. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is another story....I have tried to run it three times and it has forced a reboot with errors each time...not sure if you can help or if I should kick over to the malware removal forum, but this last time it did it I got screen captures of the info it wanted to submit to Microsoft:

[attachment=37020:Five.jpg]

and

[attachment=37021:Six.jpg]

The files noted in that last picture are NOT where it says, but I did find the Mini121709-03.dmp file in C:/Windows/Minidump but it was gobbledy gook when I tried to open in notepad...wasn't sure if it would be a txt format that I could send for you to look at. The other file could not be found on a search of the C: drive.