Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New window tabs keep popping up

• Please log in to reply

madmichey

madmichey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Almost every time i navigate to a new page, two new windows tabs pop up at the top of my google chrome browser out of nowhere. This first tab when i go to it in the address bar just says about:blank and its a blank page. The second tab in the address bar says:and the page says oops! this link appears to be broken.

Yesterday i set up eset smart security and did a scan and it cleaned up 21 items. And i downloaded the anti malware software from the first link at the top of this page and that cleaned 136 objects. The computer seemed fine at first after i ran those programs but its now back to having the same issues. I don't even know where to begin sorting this out right now..

Advertisements