Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XPMCE hangs on login screen

• Please log in to reply

nomadx3

nomadx3

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
hi we are using 3 accounts and all three show up at logon. If I click any one profile and then type the password it doesnt show any asteriks when typing the password. It seems like it doesnt accept the ok for entry even after the password is entered, the click isnt acknowledged. I disbled easy logon and switched to user must use ctrl alt del to logon which now i can see text when typing the username, but when typing the password no asteriks are shown and clicking the ok button isnt acknowledged either.

I am able to log on using safemode which is what i am currently utilizing. i created a new user which has a blank password, rebooted and even that profile hangs. I am completely stumped as to what is going on..... please advise

Thanks!

Advertisements

nomadx3

nomadx3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
a few more details....

i am able to type in the user name, and when i try to type in passwords, it is extrememly slow but eventually it will show the dots/asteriks. I click ok to log on,and it accepts it after about 20 seconds, the logon box goes away and I am left with the background that was there during logon. It doesnt change it just sits there for hours/days. never gets to my desktop.

Plz advise