Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSU Question

• Please log in to reply

AF_Money

AF_Money

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I'm looking at getting the Corsair 750w PSU

Corsair 750w PSU

Here's the specs:

+3.3V@30A,
+5V@28A,
+12V@60A,
[email protected],
[email protected]

My video card recommends 36A on the +12 rail. Good to go. However, in terms of "future proofing" as much of my build as I can, The day will eventually come that rather than just getting a new video card, the prices on todays "modern cards" will come down and it will just be who of me to SLI the same model I have. This puts my recommended +12v Amperage at 72. Or does it? Video card in question is the EVGA GTX 260 core 216 Super Clocked

I'm hoping to only have to upgrade 1 or 2 parts at a time as my rig loses its battle with technology advances as opposed to building a whole new machine again. I get it that this PSU will be able to supply future cards in a single card set-up, but I like to keep my options open in case I decide to SLI the card anyway just for the fun of it.

Advertisements

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi!

Can you write other parts of your comp?

AF_Money

AF_Money

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
sure!

CPU: i5-750
MB: ASUS P7P55D Pro
Hard drive: 1 640 GB SATA Hard Drive
CD-ROM: 1 SATA DVD R/W, 1 IDE CD/RW
RAM: 4GB (2 x 2GB) Corsair DDR3 1600
Video Card: EVGA GTX 260 core 216 SuperClocked
Case: Coolermaster 690 w/ 4 fans (3 are LED)

This to plug into my usb:
I have a boom box type cd player/stereo I plug in sometimes, but that gets its power from the wall. The USB plugs in just for data transfer to get my PC sounds out of my boom box speakers...

Keyboard and mouse are ps/2 plugs and connects straight into the I/O of the motherboard. Mic, headphones, and speakers use the MB audio out. Monitor is an ACER 23in HDTV 1080p widescreen (again, gets its power from the wall)

Edited by AF_Money, 04 December 2009 - 05:07 AM.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Okay! 2 gtx260 cards need around 50A on 12V at full load, that's around 600W at full load and we have Corsair tx750 which is able to give more than 750W almost 100W more (850W) with still be able to have 80+ efficient.Corsair tx750 would be enough for your comp.

AF_Money

AF_Money

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Awesome! Where did you find the amp rating for that card in SLI anyway?

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
At Tom's Hardware!