Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Windows 2000 Operating Ststem

• Please log in to reply

smath1

smath1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings all. I have an older Dell system in the basement that I use for some of my woodworking projects. The hard drive died so I actually took apart the cabinet and replaced the hard drive with another hard drive. Great accomplishment for a not very computer literate person!!! So, I now have a "blank" hard drive, I have a Windows 2000 sticker on the side of the CPU, so where do I go to procure a copy/download of the Windows 2000 operating system so I can use the computer. Thanks in advance for any assistance/answers you can provide!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can not legally download any Microsoft OS. You would need to check to see if you can borrow a copy from someone to load using your key or maybe ebay. Buying a Os from ebay is not something i suggest as you really don't know what you are going to get. As a suggestion would XP work on your system with your woodworking software? If so you could purchase a new copy of it for about 150 for a OEM version.