Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Troubleshoot Yahoo IM Video Call

• Please log in to reply

rwats2001

rwats2001

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Would like to know how to remedy the problem of a Video Call using Yahoo IM Messenger Version 10. My friend has a Kodak S100 running Vista Home, when we attempt to do a video call there are times I will get great audio and hear him real good but the video coming in on my computer is distorted and almost like looking at a scrambled TV reception. Then there's times when the video is coming in great and the audio sounds like a computerized voice but can't understand it at all and it also sounds like someone playing a Juiceharp, ( NO PUN INTENDED ) that's what it sounds like. We both have at least a 5 meg DSL connection via AT&T. I have even tried the video call on other computers in my house and still get the same thing.

He sees and hears me just fine. There's no problem with him receiving my webcam video and audio...The problem is on my end. I had him uninstall and reinstall his USB ports in case they were corrupted but that didn't helo either. His webcam is a plug and play but he also installed the software to the webcam which either way makes no difference.

This also occurs using Windows Messenger. We are totally stumped and have no idea how to correct this issue.

Please, if anyone knows what we need to do to get a good video and audio at the same time coming in on my computer, let me know. I'm running Windows XP PRO....the computer I'm useing is a Dell E1505 Laptop, with 1.66 GHz and 1 Gig of RAM with service pack 3.

Thanks

Advertisements