Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 0xD1 / Fwdrv.sys - Kerio or Malware?

• Please log in to reply

captschark

captschark

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I've had a few BSOD's with 0xD1 and Fwdrv.sys. After a little research it would appear that Fwdrv.sys is part of the Kerio/Sunbelt Personal Firewall. It also looks like it's a file that can be associated with some trojans and worms.

I'm running XP SP2 and it has become very doggy. I will type and the cursor locks for a few seconds then the characters type after a few seconds. Five times for these last 3 sentences.

I'm just looking for a little direction as how to best proceed. Should I run through all of the malware removal steps or should I uninstall Kerio and then run a malware series?

Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

should I uninstall Kerio and then run a malware series?

I would suggest the uninstall and then see if the issue resolves itself. If still not then we can proceed from there.