No CD drive?
Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:23 PM
Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:58 PM
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:08 PM
Option 2 did it for me
for reference I have a dual boot xp/win 7 set up. The dvd drives went missing from the win 7 set up and were optiarc dvd rw AD-7173a (pata) and a optiarc dvd AD 7200s (sata)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users