Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i dont have internet information services 4.0

• Please log in to reply

THREAT.goozmer

THREAT.goozmer

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
i dont have internet information 4.0, i went to microsoft to download 6.0 thinking i needed to update it, and i found out i dont even have 4.0. i looked in microsoft and tried to search the web, i cant find it. Im like the 4th person who has owned this comp. I dont have the CD to install it, is there anything else i can do?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what are you trying to do exactly? are you wanting to host a website on this computer?

THREAT.goozmer

THREAT.goozmer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
no, my net is mega slow. from what i was told things have been removed that is needed for the internet to work properly, thats why it was given to me. on a side note i play CS and im an admin. this net problem has seriously messed with my speed. im running off dsl @ 100mbps and im moving at dialup speed. my net provider says its on my end not thiers, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. please help

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
IIS (internet information services) has nothing to do with your connection speed... IIS is the Microsoft web server suite of utilities that are used to host web sites on an internal computer....

from what i was told things have been removed that is needed for the internet to work properly, thats why it was given to me

what exactly does that mean?

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
IIS is a set of programs by microsoft for hosting a web server with SQL ASP and HTTP, It'd only make your net slower as it would enable your computer to be used as a web server, If your internet is running slow, I suggest you go to windows update and make sure you're all up to date, as you may be missing something vital like an update to support faster internet speeds, or updates to the windows firewall.

Edited by stupidhomer, 08 December 2009 - 01:23 PM.

THREAT.goozmer

THREAT.goozmer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i have no windows componants i assumed ISS was one of them i needed

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
If you look in windows components, you should have a box which says "Networking Services", click on it, but don't tick it, then press "Details.." and make sure the box which says "Internet Gateway Device discovery and control client" is checked, then press OK

That might be what you need.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what you need to do is get your hands on a windows disk that's the same as the one you've got...and then use it to install the windows components that are missing