Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

linksys 54G & linksys RT31P2

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hi Thanks for looking.
I have had this setup for about 3 or 4 yrs now with these routers, and they have been pretty much hassle free. tore them down and moved them a few times with out a problem. yesterday I came in and found I could not reach the net unless I went right out of the modem. while trying to reset these I did get a brief buzz threw the phone but that has stopped, it totality dead now.
I was able to open admin in the RT31P2 and reset it to factory default setting. the WRT54G wont even let me get to the logon window for it.
Any ideas? could they both have fried at the same time?

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
Your manual is Here
There is a hard reset button on the back of the unit on the left.