Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virus help cant use i.e. XP

• Please log in to reply

pcboy123

pcboy123

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi. I entered a website and it seemed to have installed a virus on my computer. I cant get into internet explorer. I cant use norton anti virus or any other anti virus softwhere. Also in the start menu i cant get into the "all programs" part. Also it renamed some files like my computer to just folder. Everytime i reboot my computer it launches internet explorer but then explorer freezes and is not responding. i can access the internet through fire fox but it is pretty slow. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! EDIT: I was able to run adaware and i found like 27 items and i deleted them all but it still wont work so, its definatly not spyware so it has to be a worm or virus or trojan. NEED HELP!!! CANT RUN ANTI VIRUS!!!!

Edited by pcboy123, 16 May 2005 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Hi pcboy123,

Try following the steps here. After, reply back here. :tazz:

~Kristy

pcboy123

pcboy123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
hi, i made a new post. go to the malware section and look for virus/trojan help (title) with a blue question mark symbol. It has been 4 days since anyone replyed to it. that will have my hijack log and stuff. srry i posted in the wrong section.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
as you can see from many post in this forum that belong over in the malware forum, there are lot of folks needing help. No doubt the experts in malware are very busy. I am sure they will get to you too, so hang in there :tazz: !