Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Which anti-virus should I go with?

• Please log in to reply

crimsoncuda

crimsoncuda

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Which one is better, the free AVG anti-virus or the EZ anti-virus that came with my DSL packager?

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
In my humble opinion you can't beat AVG, it always does good on any virus test I've ever saw. It's free with free updates. ;)

EZ antivirus fails to detect some things, see this Antivirus Review.
And updates cost money ( I think)

Of course it all depends on who you believe. But I use AVG and have never used EZ anti-virus, but I have tested AVG a little bit myself. It detected viruses I wrote myself, crude and primitive admittedly, but these were unknown viruses and AVG Zoomed in on them immediately.
So I advise AVG over nearly anything. :tazz: and I never advise something that cost money if a free alternative is available.

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
avast! is another very good & free AV and higly recommended.

I used EZ AV for 2 years and never caught a virus....but then
I am a very safe surfer..... :tazz:

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
This topic wil be moved to the Applications forum shortly. :tazz: