Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not sure what name is but sure i have a virus

• Please log in to reply

rehabilitated

rehabilitated

• Pip
  • 3 posts
my windows has been stopping working very regulary for a couple of mths(2-3) now but in the last 2-3 weeks more things r stopin also like cardspace, spooler subsystem app, esadvremintegrator has stopped, hp health check . I was on d net 2 weeks ago looking at a forum somewhere and they talked about hp not being factory uploaded properly. i remember coming across on my laptop this 'windows installer package error 1720 with hp update fatal error during installation' so i tought if i could reboot it might sort it out.so i tryed 2 burn the 3 discs from the recovery disc creation and when the first one was done it came up that there was an error putting the data onto d num1disc and 2 try again. i tryed this 6 times i cant get these disc,s for rebooting. Would this even help if i did get these? i have not a great deal of knowledge of computers but im not really a beginner. 20 minutes ago my comp told me that the cc-cleaner program and regcure where infected on my comp so i uninstalled them. was this the right thing 2 do . im hoping maybe some body out there could help me to save this laptop as it feels like its falling apart i only have it 3mths and its d only one iv used thats mine. Please help Geeks to go. any input or insight at all would be very grateful.Even d spyware doctor with anti virus down load i came across 25mins ago on this site still has'nt setup on my comp

Edited by rehabilitated, 05 December 2009 - 07:42 PM.

Advertisements