Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help zoom router problem

• Please log in to reply

vineo

vineo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok my names ben hope your all well and thankyou for taking the time to read this, hopefully you have the time to help me out :).

My mother in law has a zoom router and has internet with virgin(cable) now basicly if we use a diffrent router then the internet works fine however on her zoom router web pages take Age's to load and sometimes dont load at all other times like today the net works appsolutly fine. I dont know why can you help if you can tell me what you would need from the router page ill post that. on friday if i havent been able to sort the issue we plan to buy a new router.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does she own the zoom router or is it provided with the service? if it's provided with the service (i.e. it's virgin's router and you rent it with the connection) you should contact virgin support and see if they will replace the hardware...if your mother in law owns the zoom, then it may be in your best interest to just replace it...there's a chance it's going bad

vineo

vineo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yea she owns the router. its the strangest thing as both laptops we connect with work perfectly fine else where. were looking at getting the apple airport my brother in law has one and works great on the cable line. unless you can recomend anything better.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
PERSONALLY unless you've got a bunch of apple computers (and even then...i question it) and are tied to apple hardware...you can probably get away with getting any netgear or linksys router for cheaper than an apple router

vineo

vineo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks ill have a look about