Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

samsung cdrw/dvd sn-3245

• Please log in to reply

spooknsam

spooknsam

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am trying to update my drivers for this cdrw/dvd combo drive that had been purchased thru Dell. I have already been to the Dell website and found a driver update for samsung cdrw/dvd sn-324s but not for my specific one. Are they the same?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Optical drives don't need any extra drivers since Windows 2000.
What are your issues?

spooknsam

spooknsam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for emailing me. I was having some issues with my system being awfully slow and freezing up on me, (mostly while in Dell Picture Studio Paint Shop Photo Album 5 Deluxe Edition) and thought I may have picked up a virus or something along the way. I did a system restore to a prior restore point, and downloaded updates. The system speed seems much better, but I was still having issues with Paint Shop freezing. I tested the CD/DVD unit with other CD's and DVD's, and ruled out it being a hardware issue. I went onto the Corel website, and downloaded their latest update. Seems to be burning photo's onto CD's okay, but I am having an issue with it cataloging them. The system seems to be running awfully slow, and pretty much stops all together at times. When I am burning photo's to CD's, I make sure that I have no other applications open. And I also allow the drive unit to cool down, before I try to open them for cataloging. I read an article that mentioned that you should update your drivers once in awhile, and I was wondering if that might be part of my problem. I went onto the Dell website which only shows an update for SN-324S, and wanted to know if it was compatible for my SN-3245. Thank you for your assistance.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

spooknsam

spooknsam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 Mobile Intel ® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz 1.59 GHZ, 512 MB of RAM. Using Microsoft Windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 3. My hard drive is 33.4GB in total, with 15.1GB free space.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Graphic programs need a lot of resources.
I suggest, you start with adding another 512MB of RAM.

spooknsam

spooknsam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will try that and see if it helps. Thanks for your assistance and have a great evening.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)