Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU 100%

• Please log in to reply

DaveRo

DaveRo

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
My laptop is running VERY slow. I checked the task manager and found SERVICES.EXE is close to 100%. When I reboot I get erros from Lenovo ThinkVantage. I've tried restaring in safe mode and the problem still exists. I tried disabling all startup items in msconfig. when I restart the system is looking to install programs and the system hangs.

I've also run TFC.exe, Erunt, Malwarebytes anti malware (nothing found)

any ideas?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

When I reboot I get erros from Lenovo ThinkVantage

....which say?

DaveRo

DaveRo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
2 files attached
errors - erros on startup
task manager - shows cpu usage

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
First of all, don't attach any pdf files, because for security reason, not everyone is willing to open them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

DaveRo

DaveRo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Thanks... will do

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here...scroll down to Method 2: Manually starting XP with a clean boot ...follow the guide...if your problem goes away go back and enable one thing at a time and reboot...when you hit the problem again we will know which service is causing the issue...
you should still get cleared by the malware pros...

DaveRo

DaveRo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
OK thanks...

I'll give it a try

when I start up in safe mode, the system runs faster

I'll post a response once I'm able to go through the steps.

DaveRo

DaveRo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I followed the steps for a clean boot. The CPU is still running at 50-60%. Every click takes a long time to execute. Bringing up My Computer hung the system. Opening the control panel blanked the screen with no icons.

After opening My Computer and closing it, services.exe is running at95% This is without adding any services using msconfig.

Next steps?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Re-read my post #5.

DaveRo

DaveRo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I did post in Spyware removal with the logs from MBM, rootrepeal and OTL (2 logs). There was no response in 3 days so i posted a note in the waiting room. Happyrock stepped in and said for me to do a clean reboot (see post #7). Should I post again in the waiting room? or do you have another suggestion? thanks!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Posting in waiting room was the right thing to do. Wait a day, or so...