Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba laptop freezes

• Please log in to reply

cpo312

cpo312

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
My Toshiba Satellite laptop when I turn on the power button starts up but freezes up after running for a few minutes. After freezing up I have to turn it off with the power button. When I try to turn it on again it will not start, the power light comes on, the battery light turns on and also the fan turns on but the hard disk drive light will not turn on and the screen is black. I leave the laptop turned off for a few hours and then when I turn it on again, it will start up for a few minutes and then freezes up and there is no activity in the system.

I observed that when the system freezes up, there is no hard disk drive light and the laptop just shuts down. I managed to re-install windows xp despite the constant freezing but with the new windows xp intall, the freezing-up continues. The system freezes and when I turn the power off and on again, it does not come up on the screen. The screen remains black. My memory module is good because I checked it on another system and it works just fine. I know it is not memory and software related problems. It is a hardware problem but which? Please help someone. OS is Windows XP.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is this all related to the Hal problem in this topic HERE that Broni is assisting you with?