Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repartition Tools or Software

• Please log in to reply

softw1nd

softw1nd

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Forum friends,

Can you suggest to me a good partition resizer that would not require me to format my HD? One that is not too complicated, with minimal chances of deleting my files and definitely FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Thanks in advance...

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Easeus Partition manager is free to the home user and can resize partitions from within Windows.

softw1nd

softw1nd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks rshaffer61!! is there anything i should take note of, when i use that? tips i should be aware of that might give me future problems?

i appreciate your reply :) :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It's pretty self explanatory on the site and I use it and have had no issues at all. One thing is to never shrink down a partition more then the used space and to be safe never shrink down so there is less then 20 percent free left on the shrunken partition. This will keep the system partition intact and safe from bootup problems.