Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TACACS or RAIDUS servers

• Please log in to reply

Reddoug

Reddoug

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Hi all

Would any one know of freeware for TACACS of RAIDUS servers? I have gone back to school and learning networking. Will finish my last CCNP class this week. I have a couple of old Cisco 2610 routers. Looking for AAA server software to practice with at setting up a remote AAA server. I have looked on the net. Just trying to find out which would be the best.

Thanks, Doug

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've not used any "free" radius or tacacs servers outside of the ones provided with windows server software (server 2000, server 2003, server 2008, etc...)....in your class do you have versions of windows server OS? if so that's the easiest route...if you don't

a quick google search for "Free radius server for windows" gives some results http://www.google.co...ver for windows ...again i've not used any of these so i can't really make a recommendation...but radius and tacacs are pretty easy from the program side...and it's not proprietary or anything so it shouldn't be that hard for one of these results to be workable

Reddoug

Reddoug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Doug