Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! malware killed my audio!

• Please log in to reply

spdfreak

spdfreak

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,
Today, after clicking the first link of a google search, I was brought to a random page. I immediately backed out and my computer started running slowly. I figured that page tried infecting my computer so I minimized all windows. I was right. My background screen had been changed to green with a black box in the middle saying "YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED!"

I downloaded a bunch of programs such as TFC, rootrepeal, ERUNT, and malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes seems to have killed it off for now, but I know these things have a nasty habit of reoccuring.

Besides my fear of this thing popping back up again... the malware seems to have disabled my sound.

Anyone have any advice for me :)

Thank you,
Mark

Advertisements