Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advanced Virus Removal - Trojan

• Please log in to reply

imafort

imafort

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, This is my first time to post.
I have an XP computer, and yesterday I got this message on the screen:
YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED. SYSTEM HAS BEEN STOPPED DUE TO A MAJOR MALFUNCTION. SPYWARE ACTIVITY HAS BEEN DETECTED. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO USE SPYWARE REMOVAL TOOL TO PREVENT DATA LOSS. DO NOT USE THE COMPUTER UNTIL ALL SPYWARE REMOVED.

The above message is in a box in the center of the screen. I've tried to scan my system with Avast, and it found a few objects and removed them. I then started following a post describing a similar problem, but my computer won't let me execute any files!!!! My internet connection won't connect, I can't run Windows Malicious Software removal tool, I can't run the recommended OTL file, I can't set a new system restore point.

It seems that I've been stopped dead in my tracks. Every file I try to run it says there is an error, the file is infected.

If you can offer any help, I would be most appreciative!!!
Thanks!
tlf

Advertisements