Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32.Netsky has locked me out!

• Please log in to reply

atizz

atizz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I somehow ended up with this horrible worm and cannot get into my system to try to get rid of it. A dialog box popped up saying my system was infected and to run my virus software. I ran Spybot, fixed problems, and rebooted. Now I am getting the same dialog box every time my computer boots up. My desktop will not open, when I try to get to my task manager a box pops up saying that my task manager is infected and has been blocked by my system administrator. How do you get rid of a virus when you can't get in to ANYTHING on your computer?

I'm a serious techno-tard, so please give any help in language a four-year-old would understand or I will be totally lost.

Thanks!

Advertisements