Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove Elite Keylogger

• Please log in to reply

ashisha

ashisha

• Pip
  • 7 posts
XP Pof SP3
Antivir Avira
PC Tools firewall
Spybot search and destroy
Elite Keylogger v4.3

I recently installed Elite Keylogger trial v4.3,but during installation xp freezed. Now everytime on startup xp freezes and i am working in safe mode. After some googling and tinkering with xp I have come to know the exact problem , but I am not able to solve it.

The problem is ofcourse elite keylogger. But if I disable the DHCP service then i am able to start xp in normal modem, and if i enable it then xp freezes immediately. So there is some conflict between keylogger software files and the DHCP service. As i am using wireless network i need the dhcp service running.

So I need a procedure to remove elite keylogger completelty.

I had mailed the support team of widestep (Elite keylogger maker) for uninstall procedure but couldn't get any reply. Some steps i tried as per their website and different forums are as follows:

1 - Cant uninstall from add/remove as i installed the keylogger in invisible mode.
2 - After starting normally w/o dhcp service, I tried to make visible the keylogger by typing "unhide" in "Run" window but it says "gui not found" (it means the keylogger is installed partially as it is replying to the "unhide" command in "Run" window.
3 - I tried to install newer version of elite keylogger v4.5 but it didnt saying "First uninstall older version".
4 - I have scanned using antivir and spybot with latest updates but didn't solve the problem.
5 - As per some forums I visited, they mentioned some files and registry keys to delete (eq. tdiip.sys,usbkbd.sys,usbkbd,{0A252B94-2FCD-BBF8-8ADD-AA019F83938E}
,etc), but i couldnt find such files or registry keys.May be the instructions are for older versions of elite keylogger.

Edited by Rorschach112, 09 December 2009 - 05:17 AM.
removed log

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.