Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

return to default

• Please log in to reply

andthat

andthat

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i want to return my pc to like it was when i first got it. its full of stuff i dont want or need and it will not let me uninstall. i know nothing about computers so please keep it simple thanks (ive not got a vista cd or a boot disc and thats about all i know)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If it's a branded computer (HP, Compaq, Packard Bell, Gateway etc) you'll usually find an option on the Start Menu to restore the computer.
Failing that you typically press F10, F11, ALT+F2 or CTRL+F11 while the makers logo is on the screen, or (for Vista) restart the computer, keep pressing F8 and select "Repair Your Computer", where you'll tend to find a "<manufacturer name> Complete Recovery" or similar.

andthat

andthat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
will that get rid off everything and leave me with a clean slate

andthat

andthat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
just had a go at that and it said i need the disc??