Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 calendar items missing

• Please log in to reply

Knowsum

Knowsum

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is the first time it has happened. I opened my calendar in Outlook 2003 and a mass of entries are missing.

The operating system I use is Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3. The anti virus I use is ‘Avast!’ which seems to update daily. Outlook has been failing and saying it has to close several times but I am assuming that is not connected to my present problem.

It was the end of the day and I synchronised Outlook with my Nokia 6300 (which is a regular event) and now I have discovered this problem I am aware that the details of the last sync did show a high level of amendments.

I am now looking for those with greater knowledge than me to give me clues as to why it happened, how to fix it and (if possible) how to get the information back again. I will, of course, supply any further information necessary.

I do have a continuous file back up on an external Buffalo hard drive using Memeo software.

Advertisements

Harry Zyx

Harry Zyx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem, or at least it sounds the same. My Outlook 2003 calendar entries suddenly disappeared from the Calendar view, but I can still find them using the Find function. Even entries I've only just created don't appear. My op system is Vista Home Premium. The only change I've made recently is updating the Nokia Ovi suite, but this doesn't u[date calendar entries, only messages and contacts.

(Gee, this reply page is hard to work out for a first-time user.)

Harry Zyx

Harry Zyx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Problem solved, thanks to a post I saw here ... http://www.google.co...XxyxFZUldD_sGXg

I opened the View menu | Arrange By | Current View | Day/Week/Month with Autopreview. All the entries reappeared! Phew!