Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi Adapters

• Please log in to reply

EtherealFlame

EtherealFlame

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a really stupid question. I am total idiot when it comes to networking and was wondering what all you could use a wi-fi adapter on. Let say I have a camera that has a USB connection, could I put a NA on that and wirelessly grab the photos off of it? I mean can I use a NA on anything with a USB port to make the files on it accessible on my network?

I just realized I put this in the wrong place. Sorry about that :)

Edited by EtherealFlame, 09 December 2009 - 08:07 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nope....with a wifi adapter you have to have something to run the software for the connection...like an operating system (or some other kind of system capable of running software)...

for the camera....check out eyefi it's a wireless enabled memory card

EtherealFlame

EtherealFlame

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well double drats. My camera takes CF cards :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://photojojo.com...-fi-wifi-memory the FAQ suggests that there is a CF adapter for the card